High School Courses of Study
The following courses may be taken as repeat courses for credit or to improve grades.
No original credit may be obtained:
American Lit (10)
World Lit (11)
British Lit/Seminar (12)
Spanish 3 (Tutorial)
Algebra 1 (includes Part 1 & Part 2)
The following courses may be offered for original credit at DeMatha and are available to DeMatha students only:
Fundamentals of Art – ½ credit
Research & Presentation – ½ credit
Any student who has received a grade of F
in a course must attend DeMatha's High School Summer Session assuming that the course is offered. At the high school level, the courses offered are Active Physics, Biochemistry, Algebra 1, Algebra 1 Part 1, Algebra 1 Part 2, Algebra 2, Geometry, Trigonometry, all levels of English, World History, U.S. History, Spanish 1, Spanish 2, German, and all levels of Theology.
Students are also required to attend the summer session if they meet one of the following criteria:
- A grade of D in regular Algebra 1, Algebra 1 Part 1/2, or Algebra 2
- A grade of D in the first two levels of a foreign language
Failure to make up a class in summer school will result in a $400 fee being assessed for administrative and scheduling purposes
- A grade of D in Honors Algebra 1 or Honors Algebra 2 does not result in required summer school. The student will drop out of the honors math program.
- In some cases, the student will be asked to repeat the course.
Students are encouraged to attend Summer School to improve their grade in particular courses. Both course attempts appear on the transcript and are averaged into a student's career GPA. For students seeking athletic scholarships, the NCAA Clearinghouse will accept the Summer School grade as a replacement for the original grade.
Monday, June 18............Classes Begin
Tuesday, July 4..............No Classes
Thursday, July 12 ..........Prep Classes End
Friday, July 20................High School Classes End
Period 1......8:00 am to 9:30 am
Period 2......9:45 am to 11:15 am
Period 3......11:30 am to 1:00 pm
Current DeMatha Students:
2. Click the link at the top of the page: Summer School Registration
3. Follow the instructions to select courses and make payment
2. Go to Academics - Summer Programs
3. Click the link: Summer School Registration - Public Registration
4. Follow the instructions to setup an account, select courses and make payment
Tuition and Fees
Remedial Course: $525
Original Credit Course: $600
Tutorial Courses $250
1. Students who withdraw prior to attending class will have all tuition less $50.00 refunded.
2. Students who withdraw from school before five class days will have one-half of the tuition refunded.
3. Students who withdraw from school after five class days are responsible for full payment of tuition.
The above pertains to each class for which students register.
Two absences from any class is allowed for illness or family emergencies only. Credit will not be awarded by DeMatha for students who miss more than two classes. Truancy may result in dismissal from summer school. Excessive lateness to class may accumulate to an absence.
Summer school students are not required to be in any specific uniform; however, all students are expected to be dressed and groomed in a manner which befits school attendance. Halter tops, tank tops and midriff type apparel are not allowed. Knee length shorts and skirts are permitted. Shoes must be worn at all times.
Additional Rules and Regulations will be provided at registration and posted on the website www.dematha.org
. Students are expected to follow all rules and regulations. Any violation of these rules may result in dismissal from the Summer Session.
DeMatha Catholic High School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school.
*The Director of the Summer Session reserves the right to cancel any course of study when fewer than ten students enroll in the course.