High School Summer Session
ACADEMIC SUMMER SESSION INFORMATION
This year we will follow a virtual format for all summer classes.
Summer 2021 Calendar
Monday, June 21 - Classes Begin
Thursday, July 15 - Prep Classes End
Thursday, July 22 - High School Classes End
*Summer High School students should sign up for classes online through the Veracross Parent Portal.
Teachers will email students with instructions and course expectations. Classes will be held online at the designated times unless the instructor provides different instructions.
Students are expected to be on the Google Meet at the times as if classes were being held in-person. Parents are encouraged to register before Friday, June 19 as class materials will start being distributed by email on that day.
Books for most courses are the same as those required during the year. For any classes that have required books to be purchased such as English and Social Studies, these books must be ordered through during registration. This is a separate fee. Books will be ordered based upon enrollment.
An email notification will be sent out when these materials are available for pickup through the counseling center early next week. Please call in advance to arrange a time during regular office hours.
High School Courses of Study
The following courses may be taken as repeat courses for credit or to improve grades. No original credit may be obtained. All classes for Summer 2020 will be held VIRTUAL ONLY.
English - All Levels
Theology - All Levels
Spanish 3 (Tutorial)
Algebra 1 (includes Part 1 & Part 2)
Active Physics (Tutorial)
Students are also required to attend the summer session if they meet one of the following criteria:
- A grade of D in regular Algebra 1, Algebra 1 Part 1/2, or Algebra 2
- A grade of D in the first two levels of a foreign language
- A grade of D in Honors Algebra 1 or Honors Algebra 2 does not result in required summer school. The student will drop out of the honors math program.
- In some cases, the student will be asked to repeat the course.
Students are encouraged to attend Summer School to improve their grade in particular courses. Both course attempts appear on the transcript and are averaged into a student's career GPA. For students seeking athletic scholarships, the NCAA Clearinghouse will accept the Summer School grade as a replacement for the original grade.
Summer 2020 Calendar
2. Click on the banner for Summer School Registration.
3. Follow the instructions to select courses and make payment. Enrollment is not complete until all fees have been paid. Partial payments are not accepted online.
1. Parents should follow the instructions to setup an account. You will then be directed to select courses and make payment. Enrollment is not complete until all fees have been paid.
Summer 2020 Tuition and Fees
*The Director of the Summer Session reserves the right to cancel any course of study when fewer than ten students enroll in the course.